availability | booking
which apartment would you like to book?
- We process the bookings on our website through RentalSystems/ClickStay, but we also accept Paypal payments, please contact us for details.
- By requesting a booking, you are not, at this stage, committing to anything nor will any payment be required.
- When we receive your booking request we will confirm availability and send you back our reply. Once you receive this and are happy with the details, you may accept the booking.
- Upon accepting the booking, you will have 24 hours to make a 50% payment of the total rental cost (deposit). Once this is paid, your booking is fully confirmed.
- The remaining amount (balance) is due two weeks before check-in.
- All bookings made through this website are subject to a 2.5% booking fee charges by our payment processing service, RentalSystems. Unfortunately this is not something we can waive on our end.
- All bookings are subject to a fully refundable damage deposit of EUR EUR 300 *OR* a EUR 44 non-refundable damage deposit waiver. This is paid to RentalSystems at the same time the balance is due. Provided there are no damages, the damage deposit will be returned to you by RentalSystems in full 7-10 days after check-out.
rental policies | to book with CasaTrigoso, you must agree to the following:
- Please be aware that our property is a quirky old beach house and sometimes has quirky old beach house problems (sometimes the gas bottles need to be changed, the fuse may trip, and random things may break). We are a tiny mother-daughter business and we do our very best to quickly solve any issues that may arise, but prospective guests should be fully aware that our apartments are not newly built, do not have fancy stainless steel kitchens or the latest décor. If you would like a new apartment, there are plenty of wonderful options in and around Lagos that you will likely enjoy more than staying with us. If, however, you enjoy cozy old houses with stunning ocean views and plenty of character (and possibly a resident spider or two) then do consider booking with us — we will welcome you with open arms.
- Check-in/out: check-in is from 16:00 onwards and check-out is before 11:00. CasaTrigoso operates with self check-ins, this means that guests will let themselves in upon arrival. A few weeks before arrival, we will send guests a welcome pack containing travel directions, check-in details as well as a link for guests to submit the legally required identification information (see below).
- Smoking is NOT allowed inside any of the apartments, please only smoke outdoors.
- Cleaning fee: for stays under 4 nights we charge a flat-rate cleaning fee of EUR 100. We *only* charge a cleaning fee for these shorter stays, any stay 4 nights or above will incur no extra fees whatsoever.
- Key service: each booking will include ONLY ONE set of keys. When not at the apartment, please keep the keys inside the lockbox. Each time a member of staff is called out to the apartment because of lost keys / keys left inside the apartment, there will be a €30 service fee. Lost keys will incur an additional €15 charge.
- Additional guests: we charge EUR 20 per person per night for parties of more than six people in the garden apartment, four people in the veranda and patio apartments, and two people in the terrace apartment.
- Bedding and towels: these will be provided for the number of people in your party. If you stay with us for over a week, someone will stop by on day 7 or 8 with some new linens for you and will ask for your old ones to wash. We will almost always remember to do this, but if not, please just get in touch and we'll fix it.
- Toilet paper, coal for the grill, etc.: we will provide enough for the first few days, but guests are responsible for purchasing their own.
- European Union identification law (click here and here for details). We require that all non-Portuguese guests (including minors traveling with family) provide us with the following information: nationality, date of birth, place of birth, document type (passport, ID), document number, document country of issue, country of residence.
- Cancellation policy:
- Our official policy is that for bookings cancelled between 42 - 70 days before arrival we charge the initial deposit payment + 50% of the balance. For booking cancelled 0 - 41 days before arrival we charge the initial deposit payment + 100% balance. However, we endeavor to rebook all cancelled dates and if we do, then guests who have cancelled can expect to receive at least part of their payment refunded, depending on how many days we succeed in rebooking. This takes time and we cannot guarantee that we are able to rebook any dates.
- We strongly urge all guests to purchase appropriate travel insurance to cover cancellations, or to book with a credit card that includes travel insurance. Because we can offer no guarantee that cancelled bookings will be refunded in whole or in part, it is important that guests have adequate insurance.