availability | booking
which apartment would you like to book?
- We process the bookings on our website through RentalSystems/ClickStay, but we also accept Paypal payments, please contact us for details.
- By requesting a booking, you are not, at this stage, committing to anything nor will any payment be required.
- When we receive your booking request we will confirm availability and send you back our reply. Once you receive this and are happy with the details, you may accept the booking.
- Upon accepting the booking, you will have 24 hours to make a 50% payment of the total rental cost. Once this is paid, your booking is fully confirmed.
- The remaining balance is due two weeks before check-in.
- All bookings are subject to a 2.5% booking fee charges by our payment processing service, RentalSystems. Unfortunately this is not something we can waive on our end.
- All bookings are subject to a fully refundable damage deposit of EUR €300 *OR* a EUR €44 non-refundable deposit waiver. This is paid to RentalSystems at the same time the balance is due. Provided there are no damages, the deposit will be returned to you in full seven days after check-out.
all the fine print | please read
1. Please be aware that our property is a quirky old beach house and sometimes has quirky old beach house problems (sometimes the gas bottles need to be changed, the fuse may trip, and random things may break). We are a tiny mother-daughter business and we do our very best to quickly solve any issues that may arise, but prospective guests should be fully aware that our apartments are not newly built, do not have fancy stainless steel kitchens or the latest décor. If you would like a new apartment, there are plenty of wonderful options in and around Lagos that you will likely enjoy more than staying with us. If, however, you enjoy cozy old houses with stunning ocean views and plenty of character (and possibly a resident spider or two) then do consider booking with us — we will welcome you with open arms.
2. Cleaning fee: For stays under 4 nights we charge a flat-rate cleaning fee of EUR 100. We *only* charge a cleaning fee for these shorter stays, any stay 4 nights or above will incur no extra fees whatsoever.
3. Bedding and towels: These will be provided for the number of people in your party. If you stay with us for over a week, someone will stop by on day 7 or 8 with some new linens for you and will ask for your old ones to wash. We will almost always remember to do this, but if not, please just get in touch and we'll fix it.
4. Toilet paper, coal for the grill, etc.: We will provide enough for the first few days, but guests are responsible for purchasing their own.
5. European Union identification law. We require that all non-Portuguese guests (including minors traveling with family) provide us with the following information:
• Full Name
• Date of Birth
• Place of Birth
• Document Type (passport, ID)
• ID/Passport Number
• Country of Issue
• Country of Residence
We can provide additional information on this requirement upon request, but in the meantime here is a short explanation found online: “Since 2015 Portugal has more strictly enforced a long-standing law requiring anyone providing paid holiday accommodation to record the entry, exit, and identification details of all non-Portuguese nationals who use that accommodation. This law has been brought into force in Portugal and most other EU countries at some point since the gradual implementation of the 1990 Schengen Agreement that aims to stop human trafficking and other illegal practices. In this case, it is specifically Article 45 of the Schengen Agreement and the recent Alojamento Local law in Portugal that has brought this rule into sharper focus.”